SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Santa's Elf Adult Costume Large snwazy1767-New toy
- Farmerly decorUhome All-Inclusive Sofa Cover Tight Wrap Elastic Sofa Towel Slipcover Couch No Armrest Folding Sofa Bed fundas de Sofa 12, 160 to 195cm
- CR01-01 vent arm set Normal Wheelbase Light bluee 44020 (Japan import The package and the manual are written in Japanese)
- Flesh & Hide F&H Kid's Black Guardians of Galaxy Genuine Leather Jacket
- Weighted Blanket for Kids Woodland,Jungle in Fall with Yellow Birches and Dry Herb golden Leaves Warm Weather Photo, orange Brown 300GSM,Super Soft and Warm,Durable Throw Blanket 50 x60
- Mary Meyer Big Echo Elephant Plush Toy, 16-Inch
- Adventure Wheels Duck Dynasty Set With Jase and Tent by Duck
- Figurine Yamaha Grid Girl Motogp 2004
- Single Source Party Supplies - 18 Birthday Mylar Foil Balloon
- Women Cycling Shorts Comfortable 4D Padded Gel MTB Bike Shorts Black Pro Team Tights
- Good Smile Tetsudou Musume Miyuki Takano Nendgoldid Action Figure Busts
- Leaves Slipcover Sofa Cover Tightly All-Inclusive Wrap Single Double Three Four-Seat Sofa Cover Elasticity Sofa Cover 1pc 12, Four seat Sofa
- Battlestar Galactica Wizkids Collectible Card Game 2-Player Starter Deck by WizKids
- Camkey 36 Jumbo Lacing Beads Preschool Kids,Stringing Beads Toy Toddlers，Include 4 Strings, Carrying Nice Bag - Montessori Toys Fine Motor Skills Autism OT
- Mini FPV Brushless Drone Spare Parts Super_S F3 1103 7800KV Motor 25mw VTX+Camera Propellers Guad for 90-130mm Racer Quadcopter with bluee Props
- B Dazzle Lewis and Clark Scramble Squares 9 Piece Puzzle
- Modern Universal Stretch Sofa Covers for Living Room Elastic Furniture Armchair Covers Sectional Couch Slipcover 1 2 3 4 Seat 10, 1 Seater
- Star Wars 87773 Legacy Luke Skywalker & Deena Shan Comic and Figure Pack
- Play Doh Spin and Style Cinderella by Play-Doh
- Set of 3 SAA Kolinsky Sable Flat Brushes + Free Brush Case
- All-Inclusive Tight Wrap Elastic Sofa Bed Cover Without Armrest Removable Furniture Slipcover Living Room Sofa Predection color 12, 160cm to 190cm
- Hornby Santa's Express Train Set R1179
- FidgetGear F22 2.4G 4CH WiFi 2.0MP Flow 120° Wide Angle Camera RC Quadcopter Optical Flow Version
- 39 Inch Teddy Bear Stuffed Animal Plush Toy,Dark Brown
- LEGO Creator 5770 Lighthouse Island
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn