SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
FOXEER 5.8G 2.5dbi Lollipop 2 Antenna MMCX UFL SMA RP-SMA for FPV Racing Mini Drones UFL RED DIY snckrg1308-New toy
- Generic Snaen Classic Motorized Train Set Electric Locomotive Model Train with Engine,Tracks,Train Light-Up LED and Realistic Sound Upgraded Track
- Aluminium-Dibond 80 x 50 cm Aluminium-Dibond image 110 x 70 cm Modern shopping mall interior , image on a Aluminium-Dibond
- Han Guoguan Purchasing Genuine Purchasing high-end Fashion Necklace
- Style 1 FENGTAIQIAN Stool Solid Wood Creative Square Cloth (color Style 3)
- 6\ Self redating Globe, Auto-Spinning redary Globe Revolving World Earth Map Sphere Novelty Gift Home Office Decoration Kids Educational (6 bluee Globe)
- Cardfight Vanguard TCG - Maiden of Daybreak (G-TD03 019EN) - G Trial Deck 3 Flower Maiden of Purity by Cardfight Vanguard TCG
- DC Comics Batman Arkham City The Riddler Statue
- Journey Girls Australia 18-inch Doll - Dana
- Bulk Buy Commonwealth Basket Basketry D Handles 6X10X7 8 Depth D610 (3-Pack)
- Skechers Men's Skech Ascent Sherrod Walking Navy Lime 9.5 D(M) US
- Weib Weiss black TCG Milky Holmes Trial Deck
- Funko Berlin (Chase Edition) La Casa De Papel x POP TV Vinyl Figure & 1 POP Compatible PET Plastic Graphical Predector Bundle [ 743 34498 - B]
- Slipcover Flower Sofa Cover Tight Wrap All-Inclusive Slip-Resistant Corner Covers Sectional Elastic One Two Three Four Seat 023 E, Two seat
- (Large 12-14 (100cm waist, 160cm height)) - Dress Up America 381-L Kids Plush Roaring Lion Costume - Size Large 12-14
- Do Art Pottery Studio Refill-
- Nesmend Darkbreaker - Fires of Outland - Uncommon [Toy]
- Dr Seuss Grinch. Who Stole Christmas Beanie
- A QYSZYG Bed Lazy Folding Table - Round Student Dormitory Desk - Fiberboard Above, 60 X 60 X 28cm Folding Table (color E)
- VpinkLV-HOME Ferris Wheel Duvet Cover Set Twin Size,Monochrome Modern Artistic Funfair Carnival,Bedding Set for Teen 2Pcs,Dark Night bluee Ivory and Pale Almond Green
- ANSON AS0342Y RENAULT MEGANE CONgreenIBLE 1996 YELLOW 1 18 MODELLINO DIE CAST
- BelleAckerman Outdoor Blanket，Doodle,Cartoon Style Hippo Boy and Balls on Pastel colord Striped Background Funny Animal,Multicolor,Super Soft Faux Fur Plush Decorative Blanket 35 x60
- Trademark Fine Art Silhouette & Pattern I Wall Decor by Jennifer goldberger, 14x14
- (Medium 8-10 (90cm Waist, 140cm Height)) - Zoo Keeper- Medium 8-10
- PULSE LIPO 2200mAh 11.1V 25C by Pulse
- Dancing with The Stars Puzzle by University Games
- Gundam 00 Gundam 00 Double Zero Model Kit 1 100 Scale 11 (japan import)
- color08 70 x90 Inch BelleAckerman Soft Cozy Throw Blanket Zodiac Aquarius,Little Astrology Girl with a Bucket Birthday Hgoldscope Character,Cinnamon Pale bluee Lightweight Microfiber,All Season for Couch or Bed 50 x60
- 6 pieces WHSS Fence Baby Crawling Baby Toddler Safety Fence Indoor Toy Door Bar (UnitCount 16 pieces)
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn