SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
FOXEER 5.8G 2.5dbi Lollipop 2 Antenna MMCX UFL SMA RP-SMA for FPV Racing Mini Drones UFL RED DIY snckrg1308-New toy
- Generic Snaen Classic Motorized Train Set Electric Locomotive Model Train with Engine,Tracks,Train Light-Up LED and Realistic Sound Upgraded Track
- Aluminium-Dibond 80 x 50 cm Aluminium-Dibond image 110 x 70 cm Modern shopping mall interior , image on a Aluminium-Dibond
- Han Guoguan Purchasing Genuine Purchasing high-end Fashion Necklace
- Style 1 FENGTAIQIAN Stool Solid Wood Creative Square Cloth (color Style 3)
- 6\ Self redating Globe, Auto-Spinning redary Globe Revolving World Earth Map Sphere Novelty Gift Home Office Decoration Kids Educational (6 bluee Globe)
- Cardfight Vanguard TCG - Maiden of Daybreak (G-TD03 019EN) - G Trial Deck 3 Flower Maiden of Purity by Cardfight Vanguard TCG
- DC Comics Batman Arkham City The Riddler Statue
- Marvel Spider-Man Exclusive 6.4cm PVC Figure Spider-Man [Leaping]
- Farmerly Flower Printing Sofa Towel Furniture Predector Spandex Stretch Sofa-slipcovers Tight Wrap All-Inclusive Corner Sofa Cover color 2, Two-Seater
- Stroller Foldable Light and Comfortable Sunshade Stroller
- McFarlane Toys Alien VS. Predator Movie Action Figure Grid Alien
- HYBKY Adult Home Backrest Folding Chair Fabric Seat For Bedroom Living Room Patio Leisure Balcony Chair Folding chair (color E)
- Kids Boys XMAS Costume Nutcracker Toy Soldier Outfit M Boys Medium (5-7 years) by Costumelicious
- (Small, Horse Dreams) - Horse Dreams Sidekick Backpack
- ZENGT Stool,Environmental Predection Faux Leather Square metal Frame Stable Stools,Comfortable Easy To Clean Modern
- Daytona Velona- Speedometer 48mm face- 140mph and 200mph- Black (Black 48mm 140MPH)
- Brand New Geometric Stretch Sofa Cover Universal Elastic Slipcovers for Living Room Armchair Couch Corner Sofa Home Decor SC028 4, 3 Seater
- D DOLITY 1 100 Scale J-15 Flying Shark Fighter Military Airplane Aircrafts with Stand for Collectors
- Age 30 30th Birthday Wow Design Big Birthday Badge - Rachel Ellen Designed by Rachel Ellen
- Beihai1Sun Italian Lightweight Fluffy Flannel and Sherpa Blanket Summer Town House Garden Warm Breathable Comforter for Girls Kids Adults 60x32 Inch
- Hejok Balance Bicycle Ride - Balance Bike Red, Balance Bike For Girl Balance Car For 1-3 Years Old Kids Learning Walking Car Outdoor Indoor Bicycle
- Lake ballerina music box (DX) swan (japan import)
- Mattel 2013 Matchbox MBX Heroic Rescue 95 120 - 2006 Fire Engine
- Pokemon Sleeping soundly on-The-Cable [Vol.3 Whole Set of 5] & [Vol.4 Whole Set of 5]
- LEGO Agents 8970 Robo Attack
- Weighted Blanket for Kids Jazz Music,Guitar Virtuoso Hand Drawn Style Illustration of a Guitar Player Musician, Brown Beige Black All Season Light Weight Living Room Bedroom 50 x60
- Engino 18 Model Set with Motor
- HLMIN High Density Baby Crawling Mat Top Standard Quality Predective Non Toxic Without Smell 4cm Super Thick (color A, Size 151cmx188cm)
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn